Chief Information Officer (Information Technology Administrator 3)
Location: Des Moines, IA
Pay Range: $81,390 - $115,835
The Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS) is seeking a Chief Information Officer to lead its Information Management Division. The position reports directly to IPERS’ Chief Executive Officer. Provides leadership, management, oversight, and supervision for all information management and technology issues and systems.
Serve as IPERS Chief Information Officer and Information Management Division Administrator.
- Serve as a member of the IPERS executive management team providing leadership, direction, advice, and recommendations to the CEO and others regarding all information management and technology matters related to IPERS’ operations.
- Serve as the focal point for all enterprise information management and technology issues.
- Conduct ongoing review and implementation of IPERS’ information technology strategic plan, which supports the business requirements of the organization, and identify resources for implementation and ongoing support of necessary information systems.
- Coordinate the development and management of IPERS’ technology budget and operational plans; taking into account necessary staffing, hardware, and software resources to support the priorities of providing quality services to IPERS members.
- Ensure quality operational performance of all technology employed to support IPERS’ business functions.
- Provide leadership, management, and supervision of all division staff; conducting regular staff meetings, developing individual performance plans, and administering personnel policies according to IPERS policies, DAS rules, and collective bargaining agreements.
Oversee and manage I-Que (IPERS’ pension administration system) and all automated services supporting IPERS’ functions.
- Provide leadership and management for the daily operational functions of all automated systems.
- Oversee maintenance contracts with the service providers and ensure the orderly upgrade and maintenance of the systems.
- Manage all internal and external resources related to I-Que and related electronic systems, including voice and data technology.
- Correct deficiencies in systems, approaches, and procedures, and provide follow-up to promote effective operations and ensure compliance with appropriate laws and rules.
- Ensure problem reporting, tracking, and resolution systems are in place to support I-Que.
- Oversee database management to ensure the integrity and usability of the data within I-Que and related systems.
- Oversee the development of management reports and graphical displays that provide visibility in the management of the I-Que system.
- Manage the business analysis function to ensure proper system functioning and documentation, including updates to “how to” end user and technical manuals.
- Oversee the control, development, and modification of forms and documents in the I-Que system.
- Manage the testing programs.
Manage information security, disaster recovery, and business continuity programs for IPERS.
- Ensure the physical security of the facility through appropriate use of policies, procedures, and technology.
- Oversees the implementation of appropriate security solutions.
- Ensure the information security program is robust and meets state, federal, and industry standards.
- Ensure appropriate backups and systems are in place to support IPERS in the event of a disaster.
Oversee all records management functions.
- Provide oversight of IPERS’ records management activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Oversee all records management staff and tasks.
- Ensure the IPERS records management manual is updated and maintained, including records retention schedules.
- Oversee the electronic document management system, including all scanning functions.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and experience equal to seven years of full-time professional work in information technology systems management which included three years of management experience in the area of application design and development or three years in managing professional staff engaged in the installation and operation of mainframe equipment.
Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of JAVA, SQL, SQL Plus and Oracle database architecture.
For additional ways to qualify and to view competencies required please click the link to be directed to the Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise website.
Please send a resume and a cover letter that outlines your experience as related to the position to: Melinda Rushing, IPERS, 7401 Register Drive, Des Moines, IA 50321 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB June 20, 2012.
All finalists will be subject to a background check.
IPERS is a smoke-free environment.