10 ways to save a tree
We have learned what Kermit the Frog already knew. It isn’t easy being green. Many of you have wanted to receive IPERS news electronically, and the wait is almost over. IPERS is nearly finished installing an advanced computer system that supports more online business and reduces IPERS’ reliance on paper.
This winter you will be able to go online to:
- See individualized information about your contributions.
- Track how much IPERS service you have.
- Fill out forms.
- Set your preference to receive information from IPERS by e-mail or postal mail.
- View copies of your correspondence to and from IPERS.
- Register for classes explaining how IPERS works.
- Track payments if you have started receiving benefits.
Later on, you will also be able to:
- Estimate your benefits using information in your IPERS record.
- See how different retirement dates would change your benefit amount.
- Get an estimate of how much it would cost you to buy more IPERS service.
You can sign up beginning this winter from your secure online account. In the meantime, you can continue to:
- View and print a copy of your benefits statement.
- Change your contact information.
- Make sure your beneficiary information is up to date.