You are here

Identity Theft Resources

November 3, 2017

If you are one of the 103 retirees whose October payment was redirected, we recommend taking the following actions:

  • File a police report.
  • Place a security freeze on your credit by contacting all three major credit reporting agencies — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
  • Request a credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies. Everyone is entitled to one credit report from each agency for free each year. You can request them through

Additional help and resources

Guide for Victims of Identity Theft (Iowa Attorney General)

How to Avoid Identity Theft (Iowa Attorney General)

Identity Theft (Federal Trade Commission)

Back to Top