My Account and I-Que will be unavailable every Friday from 6 – 7 a.m. CT as IPERS performs maintenance tasks.

You are here

Tax Information

Your IPERS pension benefit is subject to federal income tax and, for Iowa residents, state income tax. All retiring members must complete Form W-4P, which is included with your benefit application.

You have various withholding options. Before completing the Form W-4P, you should:

  • Consult your tax advisor.
  • Review the accompanying instructions.

You can update your withholding after benefits begin at any time by completing a new IRS Form W-4P. You may access your previous years' forms online through My Account.

Form 1099-R is used to report the distribution of retirement benefits such as pensions, annuities or other retirement plans. If you received a distribution of $10 or more from IPERS, you will receive Form 1099-R to use in your tax preparation.

Back to Top